The Essentials: Top Ten Things You Really Need to Know about Falvey
1. Bring your Villanova University Wildcard: to enter the Library, to check out books, DVDs, library laptops and reserve readings, to use a group study room, to print, and much more…
2. Use the new public computers for word processing, e-mail and other applications. Other services: wireless connectivity, printing, photocopying, scanning and the library print center.
3. Need a late night place to study? Try the after-hours 24/7 study lounge. When the Library is closed, enter by swiping your Wildcard at the exterior lounge door. Meet here during the day for coffee and special events.
4. The Falvey home page is your gateway to rich resources, collections and services.
5. Check out the library catalog for print and web holdings: books, magazines, DVDs and videotapes, audio books, current bestsellers and more.
6. Library materials have Library of Congress (LC) call numbers, not Dewey Decimal, so items are shelved alphabetically by the first letters of the call number, and then numerically (LA229.P34). There are three floors of circulating books above the main floor.
7. Magazines, newspapers and journals are in a separate collection on the main floor and are also shelved by LC classification. Many are online, so check the library catalog for format.
8. Can't find what you need? Use E-ZBorrow and interlibrary loan to borrow items not owned by Falvey at no charge to you.
9. Need a good job? Falvey employs student workers in many departments, such as events and outreach, interlibrary loan, course reserves and computer systems. Call 610-519-4291.
10. Need help? Ask at the Information desk or call 610-519-4270. Need help with research? Ask a reference librarian, make an appointment, call 610-519-4273 or e-mail your query. Above all, do not hesitate to ask for assistance. We are here to connect you to the information you need, regardless of format or location. We are committed to your success!
Contributed by Judy Olsen; photographed by Barbara Quintiliano