First time in the Library? What you absolutely need to know!
Welcome to Falvey Memorial Library. Here are some tips for using your library.
1. Bring your Villanova University Wildcard. You will need it to enter the Library, to check out books, to look at reserve readings, to submit requests for materials not held by Falvey and much more.
2. For your use: Public computers with word processing, e-mail, printing and other applications; loaner laptops; wireless connectivity; group study rooms; photocopiers and a scanner.
3. An after-hours 24/7 study lounge with a coffee shop is a great place to study. When the Library is closed, enter by swiping your Wildcard. The study lounge is available May 31 through July 31.
4. The Falvey home page is your gateway to the collections and services.
5. On the library home page, check out VUCat, the library catalog, for print and electronic library holdings: books, magazines, DVDs and videotapes, audio books and more.
6. Falvey library materials have Library of Congress (LC) call numbers, not Dewey Decimal, so items are shelved alphabetically, then numerically (LA229.P34). There are three floors of circulating books above the main floor.
7. Magazines, newspapers and journals are in a separate collection on the main floor and are shelved by LC classification. Many journals are online, so check VUCat for the journal's format.
8. My Library Account provides information on the status of your transactions and requests. Use EZ-Borrow and interlibrary loan to borrow items not owned by Falvey, at no charge to you.
9. Falvey contains a wide variety of departments and services, and employs student workers in many of those departments.
10. Need help? Ask at the Information desk or call 610-519-4270. Need help with research? Ask a reference librarian, make an appointment, call 610-519-4273 or e-mail your query to email@example.com.
Above all, do not hesitate to ask for assistance. We are here to connect you to the information you need, regardless of format or location. We are committed to your success!