Volume V, Issue 1
New Directions at Falvey
First time in Falvey? Feeling swamped? Essential tips for success
The Falvey home page
is your gateway to services and collections.
Bring your Villanova University Wildcard
to enter the Library, to check out books, to look at reserve readings, to request materials not held by Falvey, and much more.
- For your use: group study rooms, public computers with word processing, e-mail and other applications, laptops on loan, wireless connectivity, printing, photocopying and scanning.
- An after-hours 24/7 study lounge with a coffee shop is a great place to study. When the Library is closed, enter by swiping your Wildcard.
- On the library home page, check out VUCat, the library catalog, for print and electronic library holdings: books, magazines, DVDs and videotapes, audio books and more.
- Library materials have Library of Congress (LC) call numbers so items are shelved alphabetically, then numerically (LA229.P34). There are three floors of circulating books above the main floor.
- Magazines, newspapers and journals are in a separate collection on the main floor and are also shelved by LC classification. Many of these periodicals are online, so double-check VUCat for the journal's format and availability.
- Use E-ZBorrow and interlibrary loan to borrow items not owned by Falvey.
- Falvey has many departments and services, such as interlibrary loan, circulation, course reserves, MT/CD and systems, and employs student workers in these departments. Call 610-519-4290 for information.
- Check out the Get Help With Your Research section on the library home page for tips on writing, citing and other helpful links.
- Need more help? Ask at the Information desk or call 610-519-4270.
- Need help with research? Ask a reference librarian, make a research appointment, call 610-519-4273 or e-mail your query to email@example.com. Above all, do not hesitate to ask for assistance. We are here to connect you to the information you need, regardless of format or location. We are committed to your success!
Contributed by Susan Markley, Michael Hoffberg, Michael Foight, Gerald Dierkes, Phylis Wright and Judy Olsen
© 2005-2008 Villanova University. All Rights Reserved.