First time in the Library? What you really need to know!
- Bring your Villanova University Wildcard: to enter the Library, to check out books, to look at reserve readings, to submit requests for materials not held by Falvey, and much more.
- For your use: Public computers with word processing, e-mail and other applications, laptops on loan, wireless connectivity, printing, photocopying, scanning and group study rooms. Available in the near future: a fax machine.
- An after-hours 24/7 study lounge with a coffee shop is a great place to study. When the Library is closed, enter by swiping your Wildcard.
- The Falvey home page is your gateway to collections and services.
- On the library home page, check out VUCat, the library catalog, for print and electronic library holdings: books, magazines, DVDs and videotapes, audio books and more.
- Library materials have Library of Congress (LC) call numbers, not Dewey Decimal, so items are shelved alphabetically, then numerically (LA229.P34). There are three floors of circulating books above the main floor.
- Magazines, newspapers and journals are in a separate collection on the main
floor and are also shelved by LC classification. Many are online, so you can check
VUCat for the journal's format.
- Use E-ZBorrow and interlibrary loan to borrow items not owned by Falvey at no charge.
- Falvey contains a wide variety of departments and services, such as interlibrary loan, course reserves, MT/CD and systems, and employs student workers in many of those departments.
- Need help? Ask at the Information desk or call 610-519-4270. Need help with research? Ask a reference librarian, make an appointment, call 610-519-4273 or e-mail your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. Above all, do not hesitate to ask for assistance. We are here to connect you to the information you need, regardless of format or location. We are committed to your success!
Contributed by Susan Markley, Michael Hoffberg, Michael Foight, Gerald Dierkes, Phylis Wright and Judy Olsen